Toddler Burned After Gasoline Poured on Slide

Girls were trying to make slide more slippery

  • Share
  • Read Later

A two-year-old suburban Atlanta girl suffered severe burns when a slide she and her sister were playing on ignited in flames, authorities said.

Walton County Sheriff Joe Chapman told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the fire occurred after one of the girls poured gasoline on the slide, possibly to make it more slippery. Static electricity, Chapman said, likely ignited the gas. After the accident, which took place Saturday at the girls’ father’s home near Loganville, the younger sister was rushed to Grady Memorial Hospital where she was listed in critical condition and placed in a medically-induced coma.

The older sister, 4, did not have serious injuries.

[AJC]

0 comments

Follow

Get every new post delivered to your Inbox.

Join 2,104 other followers