More Photography from Time
- Behind the Scenes at One of the World’s Busiest Airports
- Remembrance: Leonard Knight’s Salvation Mountain
- Wicked Winter Strikes Again: Photos of the Storm’s Fury
- Snow Woes: Ice Freezes South, Stranding Thousands
- 10 Most Shiver-Inducing Photos Of The Never-Ending Winter
- Glendora Fire Rages Near Los Angeles
How did a snowstorm "ruin" Christmas? It's supposed to be a religious holiday (no ruin there), a commercial holiday (no ruin there), a family holiday (no ruin there). In fact, one of the most popular songs of the season celebrates exactly this kind of weather. Headline editing should be done with more care, and more awareness.
Oh, sigh... Slow news day for sure...
If these are photos of a Snow Storm ruining Christmas... The story must be from someone living in the deep south where such a dusting really would bring cities to a standstill.
Here in New England we, if anything, cheered a slightly-white Christmas. Even though by mid-day most signs of it were already erased.
The 3-4 inches we received a few days later was far more substantial, and even then only a minor annoyance.
The only reason its a "major snow storm" is becouse the media hype and peoples poor memories of the snow we got every year in the 50`s 60`s 70`s 80`s and weather reports were done by seriouse scientists not reality show clowns with the hype of the Beatles playing at the Hollywood bowl. Plus current day driving skills of most are a joke. I love the snow, good drivers and real meteoroligists. Ps, 10' is a major snow storm.