The retired space shuttle made a highly publicized tour through the city before making its way to its permanent home, the California Science Center.
More Photography from Time
- Behind the Scenes at One of the World’s Busiest Airports
- Remembrance: Leonard Knight’s Salvation Mountain
- Wicked Winter Strikes Again: Photos of the Storm’s Fury
- Snow Woes: Ice Freezes South, Stranding Thousands
- 10 Most Shiver-Inducing Photos Of The Never-Ending Winter
- Glendora Fire Rages Near Los Angeles
Sadly, by the time Endeavor reached its destination it was covered with gang graffiti, however, on the positive side, its famed heat tiles withstood multiple drive-by shootings.