Battleland has known the thrill of listening to enough military bands to recreate Fort Leonard Woodstock. In fact, he used to know his way around both a trumpet and a tuba. There is something bracing, and affirming, in martial music, and it does boost the olde esprit de corps.
– Four French horns, listed at $4,619 each on Amazon.
– Two small-bore trombones at $2,989 apiece.
– Three large-bore trombones at $4,255 each.
– Two euphoniums (euphonia?) for $8,399.99 apiece.
– And one trombone bass for $4,315.
Fifes ($24.95 apiece) are starting to sound pretty good.