At least seven people were killed Sunday when a gunman opened fire at a Sikh temple near Milwaukee, authorities said. The suspected shooter was later killed in exchange of gunfire with police and is counted among the dead. Earlier unconfirmed reports suggested there were multiple shooters. Police were called to the Sikh Temple of Wisconsin in the Milwaukee suburb of Oak Creek on Sunday morning, when witnesses said several dozen people had gathered for prayers.
More Photography from Time
- Behind the Scenes at One of the World’s Busiest Airports
- Remembrance: Leonard Knight’s Salvation Mountain
- Wicked Winter Strikes Again: Photos of the Storm’s Fury
- Snow Woes: Ice Freezes South, Stranding Thousands
- 10 Most Shiver-Inducing Photos Of The Never-Ending Winter
- Glendora Fire Rages Near Los Angeles