U.S. Marines were introduced to some of the extreme cuisine on offer in the jungle — bugs and snake blood anyone? — during a lesson in survival with the Thai Navy. It was part of “Cobra Gold 2012,” a joint military exercise in the Chon Buri Province of Thailand on Monday. The three-week event includes about 14,000 military members from Thailand, U.S., Singapore, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia and South Korea.
More Photography from Time
- Behind the Scenes at One of the World’s Busiest Airports
- Remembrance: Leonard Knight’s Salvation Mountain
- Wicked Winter Strikes Again: Photos of the Storm’s Fury
- Snow Woes: Ice Freezes South, Stranding Thousands
- 10 Most Shiver-Inducing Photos Of The Never-Ending Winter
- Glendora Fire Rages Near Los Angeles