The always impertinent Tony Karon, over on our Global Spin blog, has some questions he wants President Obama to answer:
1. What will Obama tell the loved ones of Americans killed in Afghanistan in the next three years?
2. How does the U.S. persuade Afghan civilians or neighboring countries to do its bidding when it acknowledges its presence is temporary?
3. What are the terms for peace with the Taliban?
4. Is this a war for (or against) Pakistan?
5. Does the U.S. seek a long-term military presence in Afghanistan?
Check out why Tony thinks he’s not likely to get any answers here.